Friday, June 10, 2011

Cabin Fever

Swan Valley ID
11 miles in the rain in the 30's

The rain did me in this morning. Temps in the 30's over night. Only 42 right now at 10:30 am. I'm snug and warm in a delightful cabin I was able to barter down to $60 for the night. I'll bet it goes for 2-3 times that usually. I've got all my wet gear strung on my bearline which zigzags around the livingroom. Could sleep 4 hikers in this place! Wish I had 3 others to share the expense with. I don't plan on using motels too much this trip...just when there's a real value to it. And this time there was!

Hard sitting around today during the spells of not raining. But I did manage to dry out my tent and clothes, wash a few things, catch up with friends and Dana, watch mindless TV and eat at a local diner. Even got a car offered to me to get there (a BMW!), but o said I needed the exercise.

Sleeping in a bed is not special, but having a warm place to eat breakfast and pack up is sure nice:).

Off to Idaho Falls today. 45 miles. Visiting the sister of friend of a friend. Kinda like a distant relative:) Should be fun and a change of pace.

I see sun! Glorious sun! Should be a good ride if I can beat the rain this afternoon.

Pedal on, pedal on

Saddle BagLady

Sent from my handy, dandy, mini, little computer (iPhone)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment