Saturday, June 30, 2012

Snowdonia National Park

Thursday, June 28th
Somewhere in Snowdonia National Park
Morning rain, afternoon sun. Getting to be a theme., thank goodness.

"Do you want to take a shower?"
"Are you kidding?"
"No, while the we're down having breakfast, make yourself at home."
"Do I smell that bad?" I joked:)

Thank you Talbot-Halls for the delectable shower and delicious breakfast and enriching company. I sure hope our paths cross again, some time, some place:)

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this young family (ya, that was Emma who came over to my tent this morning with the offer). We had so much to share: similar interests and similar parenting ideas. And the girls...the girls. They came over to my tent this morning and figured out how to turn on my iPhones. I did not teach them any of the games, though!



"Strange place to camp" said a woman walking her dog this morning as I was packing up.
"This is where we bring the dogs for their walks!" Oh!!! That's the smell! They seem to be scooping the poop though as I didn't see any of that.:)

So after a cloud burst in which Lyra danced in the rain, stomping in the puddles, they were finally off to the beach. I wish I could upload the video I took of them leaving with Lyra waving goodbye from the back. Priceless.

Then I returned to the cafe because I finally had WIFI! As I was sitting outside at the cafe, the jeweler who repaired my mother's silver and turquoise bracelet clasp yesterday (even though his sign said "no alterations or repairs") stopped by, recognizing me. I told him I didn't manage to get out town yesterday, but I would today:) Love that small town feeling:)

What an incredible afternoon ride up into the Snowdonia National Park. The slopes on this high hills is vertical. I know my pics won't do it justice, but I took them just the same. Lush, idyllic countryside with steep, steep large hills. No mountains here, by my estimation. And the road (a green road - major) was delightfully graded. I met some young girls touring as I left town this morning and gave them some info about the route since they were heading south...and they said they'd taken a cycle path and found it incredibly steep. Scares me. I'll stick to roads. Can always hitch, if need be:)



Fanciest bathroom I've been in in awhile! Cloth hand towels, oh my!

Here's the inn the bathroom was in:



And, as usual, I didn't take any pictures with my phone of the countryside. Let me see if I can take a pic of a pic for ya'll.



Tonight's campsite is a nook off the main road in the woods where the owner has started to cut some of the wood. I know because he stopped when going by and seeing my tent.

"I hope this is all right that I'm camping here. Yes, just one night. I'll be gone in the morning. Thanks ever so much!"

Too bad it's a busy road and quite noisy, but that will calm down as the evening wears on and pick up early in the morning. Can't have everything. It's sunny out right now even though I'm in the woods. I can see it through the trees and that's good enough for me!

Off to start a new book that won the Book of the Year, British Book Awards. "man and boy" by tony parsons. One review said, "I cried five times and laughed out loud four." Sounds like my kind of book.

And that's all the news from the BagLady encampment.



BagLady

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment