Sunday, March 31, 2013

Busy People Day

March 25, 2013
Hawai, NZ

The first chat of the day was with Trevor



at the corner store. Actually there was a guy before Trevor but I didn't get his name or picture...oops...but what was memorable about him was he backed up his car to my trike and pondered fitting it in all before even asking if I wanted a lift:). I told him I biked because I liked it and I didn't need a lift to the next big town. But the hills are big! Good! says I. I love hills! And I do!

Then there was Helen



standing by the side of the road trying to get cell reception.

Later Maryanne



called to me from her yard as I passed. She drives 3.5 hours from Rotorua up here to a house she's fixing up that she moved her from Auckland. She gave me fresh tomatoes. Yum!

Then John



came hobbling over to the picnic table where I was lunching by the beach. He offered me some grapes for dessert so we went back to his place to cut them from the arbor. Jessie joined us and then I said Yes to the offer for coffee.

Gotta get going! Not getting anywhere today!

And there were hills! A big long climb. But they're so much easier on Blaze. No balance issue. Just pedal as slowly as the steepness requires. I think 99% of the cars waved, honked, or flashed headlights at me today:). I feel loved!!

Got told No Camping Here tonight after my tent was up. I didn't see a sign. It's over there. Ok. If I'd seen it I wouldn't have camped here. I had to look hard to find it. Not very obvious.
That's okay. Just 1/4 km down the road and a better spot!!



Using the Prince William Feather as a flag when I'm riding and a clothesline in the evening:)

Busted BagLady

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment