Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last 15 kms

May 27th
Orewa Beach, NZ

Down to my last 15 kms. There'll be some local biking, around Waiheke Island and Auckland, but the tour itself will be over:(. I'm not ready for that. My legs and heart and lungs will go through withdrawal. I love pedaling all day not knowing what's around the next bend in the road nor where I'll sleep that night. Why is that? Haven't a clue.

Lots of coastal hills yesterday. But we managed:). Slowly...lots of granny stops... Up we go.

I've tried to calculate how far I've gone in NZ. My computer jumped ship at Cape Reinga. Is that a deep message? It had about 2000 miles on it. That's about 3500 kms. Add another 1000 kms I'd say because it started counting in Wanaka, South Island when a new battery was put in at a bike shop and the tweet didn't check the mileage count before I pulled the old one. So for giggles and grins, lets say 4500 kms in NZ. That's 2700 miles in 5 months. Love it! Then there's the SE Asia part and I'd have to check Sylvia's journal for that piece.

Got to to marina for the Gulf Harbor into Auckland Center and found out I should have checked a ferry schedule...or better remembered the one I did check: no ferry Monday afternoons! Oops. Have to camp out here and take the 7 am ferry.

Interesting community


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment