Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waitangi Treaty House

May 13 - 15, 2013
East coast, Bay of Islands NZ

I've been working my way over and down the east coast of the Northland. Days are all alike now. Pedaling. Rolling hills. Bush and pasture. Grey water. Meeting lots of people wherever I stop...or if the stop me. Met this guy who pulled me over on the side of the road to show me a picture on his phone of the trike he built from plans online and old bike parts. Nice job, Roger. I especially like the aqua seat!




And, I went to the Waitangi Treaty House where the treaty between England and the Maori chiefs was signed in 1840 in the hope of bringing some peace and order to the islands for both sides. I did the full shebang: cultural experience and tour. Loved it!









Bag Lady

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment