Saturday, July 26, 2014

Heading south on Sustrans Cycle Route 78

July 24, 2014
Glen of the River Nettles
Taynuilt, Scotland

We ferry hopped our way back to Oban and met up with our new friends from Australia, Deb and Ron, getting a night off the road, hot shower, laundry, delicious roasted chicken and veggies and great company!! The house they've "borrowed" is at the top of a very steep hill and they each graciously pushed us up it:)
The stories these two shared we're endless and we were totally entertained. Top it off with watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games only 60 miles away. Oh, how ignorant I was about the Commonwealth. 71 countries under the Queen of England. Who knew? I thought the British Empire was a thing of the past. It's alive and well, so to speak. That's why it's so important for me to travel. I have so much to learn about the world. History and Current Events turned me off in school. I couldn't "feel" them. I'm a bit less ignorant now. We sadly said goodbye with my hope of seeing them again in Australia. They should be home from their year long jaunt by then.



Today is April's birthday so we had to celebrate it with a great undulating ride across the Scottish land. Steep mountains all around as we went up the valley. April was cruising. She's found her triking legs. I think she stole mine! I have no energy. Climbing is a grind. Biking is a grind. I'm so tired. Just drained of energy. Maybe it's related to this skin thing which is getting better. A nightly dose of antihistamine seems to have broken some cycle. We've gotten the ticks under control too but I'm sure 50+ tick bites was hard on my immune system at the same time as the itch outbreak. Hopefully I'll be back on par soon. Thanks so much for all the ideas and suggestions as to what could've have been going on. I did talk to a pharmacist and a nurse for possible explanations. Too hard to diagnose.

So tonight it was time for dinner and birthday cake!




Livin' the life,

BagLady

No comments:

Post a Comment