Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Cuba Day 24: Rest Day in Remedios

Chain oil doesn't exist in Cuba. More rusty chains here that just keep on working!

I walked out on the route out of town that my maps app suggest for biking to Santa Clara it takes me up into a rural area. And the road is fine it's a dirt road but very big, very obvious and I'm going to bike that way.





Oh my God! I'm grinning from ear to ear! As I was walking back from the road I thought it wouldn't it be fun if someone gave me a lift. And don't you know I manifested it! This wonderful man picked me up in his cart with a white grayish white horse. He even let me drive the horse!! He didn't speak English and my Spanish is so bad but it was fun!!!

YouTube Video

Met some young Russian cycle travelers who were camping throughout Cuba. They made balloon figures and sold them at the town square while playing music.

Met Martin from Australia, a young undergrad in environmental sciences. We had dinner together. Terrible meal.

Water pipe broke at my casa in the courtyard. It's so hard on Cubans when things break because they don't have the money to do repairs. Lisette had to find a friend who could come and gerryrig something together to repair this break in a very old house. It's the pipe from the water tank on the roof of the house. Most houses in town have this, their own private water tower. They fill it with a hose from another house coming out of the ground in the street. Took awhile to figure this out.

Lisette so funny..sweet woman.


Hard to say goodbye. She was one of the few Cubans I met who spoke good English and we could communicate. I got a lot of questions answered staying with her.

Live YOUR dream,

BagLady

No comments:

Post a Comment