Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Sunny Day in Ireland

August 31, 2014
Rosslare, Ireland

It's my last morning in Ireland and sadly, I'm happy to be leaving. The rain and cold has done me in this time and the warmth of the people was not enough to overcome it. And they have been warm and welcoming, cheering me on with their smiles...and cups of coffee:)

So wouldn't ya know it...on my last night here, I got my worst campsite: the side of a dirt road that leads to a cemetery. It had a grassy flat spot and after many attempts down odd lanes that led to condos, No Camping signs, or cow pastures, all overlooking the ocean with great views, I had to settle for this. But I learned that the view isn't always on the ground when I got this to watch out my tent door:




And this morning, would ya believe it? Sun and not a cloud in the sky. Not a wisp. Nada. I checked in every direction because I couldn't believe Ireland ever had days like this! So thank you, Ireland, for this beautiful last day on your green, green land!!!



Livin' the life,

BagLady

Facebook: Kathryn Mossbrook Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment