Friday, September 9, 2011

Headwinds

Tuesday August 30
Quake Lake MT


I lied! Today headwinds are killing me!! They're blowing north up this valley and it's a gradual uphill climb too. Not moving ver fast today. 3-4 mph at best. And it's getting pretty tiring. But it would be awfully hot out here without them. No umbrella today. It would pull me to Canada!

I found bar not on my Adventure Cycle map at about 4:30. I'd only gone about 22 miles since 9 am. Does that give you an idea of how hard today was? So I stopped in for ice water in my bottles and a root beer. Stayed for dinner! Soup and salad bar. Nothing to write home about, but saved me from cooking:). That left more evening hours to bike.

And I did another 14 tonight. Had a wee bit of a hard time finding a campsite because I pushed on and them got to an area of avalanches (dirt) and no flat spots. I camped 15 ft from the white lime on the side of the road on stones. But it's flat. And the road is mostly empty. And once I'm set up you can't tell who's in that tent. And Blaze is all nestled under her cover so she doesn't glow when headlights hit her and create curiosity or interest. It's really a good set up.

On into West Yellowstone tomorrow. Hopefully noonish.

This trip is winding down and sadly so. I'm not tired of it at all. It's just been a blast...except for all the stuff I've littered along the way. But hopefully I've spread some joy and inspiration to others to go out, be fearless, and live this life!!! Fully!

Exhausted BagLady. Off to bed...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment