Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter in Tauranga

March 29 - April 2, 2013
Tauranga, NZ
Liz, Moa's sister-in-law, whom I met at Christmas in Wellington, graciously offered to put me up (to put up with me) when I got north to Tauranga. And I didn't know when that would be exactly. But I called her a few days out and gave her Thurs or Fri.
I arrived Friday.
And getting off the bike for a long weekend has been an incredible treat. So has meeting her girlfriends! Friday night it was dinner at Bet's with us and Sally. Good cooking and girlfriends!! Doesn't get much better! And I forgot to get pics:/. Guess I'm on holiday too.
Saturday we ran around downtown at the annual jazz festival and did a bit of shopping. Yup! New marino wool sports bra and a new inflatable ExPed sleeping pad. Tired of sore hips and several blowups during night. Treating myself. Got the demo at a discount. Their version of a NeoAir. Got my fingers crossed because I had no luck with the latter.
Tauranga has a beautiful downtown section right on the water and the rain held off. So it all worked out. Sunday we were down there again with two more girlfriends, Judy and Gail. Lunch, girl talk, and jazz...oh ya!! I've enjoyed the opportunity to be "one of the girls" in NZ. Thank you for including me!
And today was a tour of Mt. Maunganui, the Mtn and the town...and lunch on the strand. Quaint place. Cute shops. Delightful views.
Liz has been the sweetest host, treating me like a princess!
BagLady
More pictures are posted at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104890875270597877610
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment