Sunday, December 31, 2000

St Jean Pied de Port

April 13, 2014



I'm laying on the bottom bunk in a 12 bunk room at Le Chemin Vers D'Etoiles, our refuge for 2 nights. Val, Phil, and April are at church. I need my rest. Yesterday was the bus ride from hell for me. We left Madrid at 10:30 am and arrived her at 7:15 pm. In between I was either spinning from nausea or sleeping from Dramamine. Sleeping was preferred. I don't do buses well. And certainly not sitting in the back. I missed seeing the countryside of Spain but will get to view it on the Camino.

We chose to stay 2 nights in SJPdP and have booked a room just 6 miles up into the Pyrennees at Orrisson. No one in our group (other than Phil) has done much training so we're going slowly. No hurrying needed. Besides I'm enjoying the short time we have in France, where I can understand the language and speak some too:). Even if it had been 45 years since I spent a summer here the feelings, the memories, they all came rushing back. When breakfast was a bowl (not cup) of coffee with milk and bread with butter and jam, I felt like I was back in Mama Jutge's kitchen!

Wow! Lying here, I heard singing outside the window. So I look out to see locals, carrying boughs of greens, walking up the tiny street towards the bridge singing! Quite beautiful! I hope the video will post! No luck with the video, sorry. I've never had luck uploading them. I'll try to post it to Facebook

Livin' the life,

BagLady

No comments:

Post a Comment