Monday, September 29, 2014

What a Day!

September 27, 2014
In the woods near Lyon, France



Breakfast!

I decided to go the longer, quieter route today and what a difference it made. I was pedaling up the road and saw a woman watching me out the window, so I did my usual wave. I'm a friendly gal:). By the time I was in front of the house she, her husband, and daughter were by the gate to see me go by. So I stopped to chat. And got invited in to lunch. I hesitated because I have this date with Lyon for repairs, but decided quickly that I had time. So we rolled Blaze into the courtyard. I spent a delightful couple of hours with John Luc, Marie Christine (I think), Sandra, and Luc...their kids.


You know I love to talk but my lips move faster than my mind and I jumble all the tenses up. But they seem to understand. We had lettuce and vegetables from a garden, her father's I think. And roasted duck, which I've never had before but was delicious. And green beans from a garden. Dessert was fromage blanc, white cheese, which is freshly made cheese not yet aged or hardened. It was delicious! I also got some help on a route into Lyon which Luc printed out for me. So off I went papers in hand, worried that he was sending into the mountains and the roads would be steep. I was right! They were! Thanks Luc:). Some were so steep that I would set my eyes on a point 50 ft ahead and push to get there before I could stop. Up and up these quiet, beautiful single lane paved roads. Up into farmland and views.



And then a big road and a several mile downhill to end the day! Yippee!

Found a woods with tables and a bathroom for the night. And as this family was leaving they were admiring Blaze so I went over to talk. Everyone wanted a ride and of course I said Yes. The kids too! Such fun. They even invited me to come and stay at their house for the night, but alas it was getting late and I was mentally and physically done for the day...but the offer warmed my heart, and I told them. Didn't get names. Oops! But they're going to make a BagLady banner tomorrow for me to see if I ride by:)). I hope I do. This is when I don't like deadlines. Have to push on to Lyon.



Livin' the life,

BagLady

Facebook: Kathryn Mossbrook Zimmerman

1 comment:

  1. Bernard (Dad of Clémence!!)September 29, 2014 at 6:27 AM

    Good Trip Baglady! thank for test the bicycle !!Children were delighted
    Bon Courage ;)
    If you go through the Puy en Velay my parents live there.
    If your bike has a problem my father is a great handyman !! here is their position goglemap: 45.005017,3.880029
    Mr and Ms Blanc Augustin
    La pepiniére 43000 Le Puy

    Bon Courage ;)

    Bernard Blanc

    ReplyDelete