Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Friends at Sandy Point

March 25, 2015
Sale, Australia

Can ya tell I'm taking a zero day today? Getting caught up doing over my blog posts. First I'll write the journal. Pictures will come in another post. Hopefully reducing my frustrations. I've learned that the less stress I have, the less well I deal with stress. Hmm?

So I left the Coupers' Farm heading south to Sandy Point. I love it when I have local contacts and will go out of my way to meet up with them again. April and I met Ron and Deborah Gilchrist at a campground in Scotland and later stayed with them at house they were borrowing. I had to cycle down to Sandy Point to say Hi. Too close not too!

We had a good time: reminiscing about when we met, sharing stories about bike touring, site seeing the local retired lime kilns, hiking the coast at Wilson's Prom, and eating kangaroo! Saw my first koala (not-a-bear) in their backyard. They're as sweet in person. He just sat there munching his eucalyptus leaves while we walked around him taking pictures.

And besides eating kangaroo (which is available in grocery store, organic, and plentiful here...but tough, I thought), I had samphire, salty green twigs growing near the shoreline. My first samplings of "bush tucker"!

Well rested and ready to attack Australia, I cycled away. But since I'd planned on camping in the Foster town park that night (in order to shop at the farmers market in the morning), I didn't go that far. Gotta break myself in slowly.

Besides: I'm retired!!


Livin' the life,

BagLady

Facebook: Kathryn Mossbrook Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment