Friday, June 23, 2017

Day 18: Second Rest Day in Trinidad

Fans are used by everyone here. They understand how cooling just having air move over your body. Every room, every restaurant has them. Thank goodness :). The heat had only been bad directly in the sun. It's humid at times but overall quite pleasant temperatures. Evenings are delightful for walking around without a sweater. I'm dreading heading back out into the sun on Blaze tomorrow. Capris and a jacket to keep the pain away.

Today I wandered some of the old museums. One was a convent converted to a Museum about the Banditos of the Revolution.












It even had some English so I got a bit of the story of the Revolution.

Another had a steeple you could climb up for a view of the city, mountains, all the way to the sea. I loved seeing the open air rooms all over the top of the city!








Then I wandered the grocery stores for some food how take with me tomorrow. Each one has different things, although few options. I finally found a can of fruit cocktail and a can of artichoke hearts. I can make a meal from that. That's really how challenging it is. Some stores have no canned goods at all. It's hit and miss. And I was on a mission. I think it was the fourth store where I found these cans. They don't eat processed food at all. Everything is made from scratch in their kitchens basically...except for pizzas at the corner window. Maybe that's why the average lifespan is 78 years. Not bad, hey?!? But not having a kitchen has its drawbacks. So I scramble for travel food.









Live YOUR dream,

BagLady

No comments:

Post a Comment