Monday, February 11, 2013

Pies

Feb 9th
Wanganui, North Island NZ

I've found I love pies. I've always loved Swanson Chicken Pot Pie especially as a kid. Well, they're everywhere here. What a concept! All baked little pies, meat or veggie, grab and go! Usually about $4. Flakey. Tasty. Cheap.



Not a particularly interesting day. Pedaled up. Pedaled down.

But dinner was good though: ramen noodles, tuna, onion, mayo cold salad with sautéed green beans and cauliflower and fresh parm. Yum!

That couple, Tom and Shiela, that I met a couple of days ago asked me about free camping spots and how I find them. "No Man's Land," I said. And tonight that's particularly true. My one requirement tonight was: not within hearing distance of the main road. I need quiet. So I turned off Rte 3 onto a side road, then onto a side off of that. And I'm camped on the wide edge just past the shoulder. One woman went by and waved:). Guess I'm not freaking the neighbors out. There are some rural homes sorta in site. I almost camped right in town at the large park where I cooked dinner. Woulda worked, I'm sure. There was also a large dog obedience campus someone walking suggested to me, but I worried about pee and poop and early dog walkers. Another option was the Quaker Settlement the same guy suggested. I rode in but couldn't find anyone to ask and there were signs of lots of people (cars) so I opted not to just set up. I've never asked permission...just forgiveness:)

The bewitching hour has arrived.

Goodnight.

Bewitched BagLady


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment