Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Whole Different Day

May 7,2013
Rawara Beach DoC Campsite, NZ

A beautiful sunny day. After the storms of yesterday, it feels amazing. Still glad I saw Cape Reinga at the peak of its passion. The energy if it, the amazing-ness of it, and the fact that not one photo captures that makes me hold it near and dear.

Somewhere yesterday in the multiple times Blaze was hoisted on and off Nick's truck, I lost my temperamental bike computer. Oh well. Gonna be a lot of guessing this next month as to distances gone and distances to go. I've cycled about 3000 miles in NZ. The computer was good at keeping track (when it wasn't sitting at 0). Guess we'll both be ready for a rest when we get home. But before then, I've got another month here:)))). And lots of slow days to pedal and beaches to sit on...between raindrops.

But no rain this afternoon. Blue skies! Not a cloud! And I'm at an isolated campground on a stream with a quick walk to the beach. Alone. So why am I spending it chatting with you folks?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment