Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hiking the Volcanoes...Day 3

Feb 25
Day 3




Please note the very small pack:). Looking out at Mt Ruapehu.




View from our hut tonight.




The gang eating.


-And view inside. This is the nicest. Like a ski chalet!

And for evening fun we played Pictionary...ugh. My words: game of Two Halves (what's that?) and Prawn Cracker (and what's that??). But I was good at guessing!

The night before we played "500", I think it was called. I'm writing down the rules so I won't forget them. I know I've played this before. Deal out as many cards as go around fully. Number of players can vary. Then turn up top card of remaining. That's trump. Each player bids how many tricks they will take, starting to dealer's left. Dealer bids last and cannot make bids equal tricks. Dealer leads first trick. Score is tricks plus 10 if you got your bid and 0 if you didn't. Next hand is one less trick going all the way down to one and back up to number of tricks you started with. Fun way they play the 1 trick is you can't look at it. You put it to your forehead and everyone else can see it:). Fun game!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment