Monday, March 25, 2013

Goldfish Farm

March 19 & 20, 2013

Wow! Days behind! Think I lost a post, yes, know I did.

Day off in Tokumaru Bay watching Mel retrieve his fish nets. Rough surf caused him to capsize a few times before he got out.




Later, Wayne (the rescuer when my bike brake cable wouldn't reassemble) gave me a tiki tour of the town: old freezer factory and wharf, a goldfish farm (way cool)



...those are tanks of goldfish -about 100 of them! And this is Stan, the goldfish farmer.



And then I got a tour of the boat that Wayne has been building for 23 years.


And not a little boat either! He says it may launch this year. I hope I get pictures when it does!
And here is Captain Wayne.



I managed to hit the road north the next day and with tailwinds and 2 flats actually went further than expected. While changing the first flat the cops, Reagan and Ben, stopped by to make sure I was okay.

"You're not going to camp by the side of the road, are you?"

"Oh, no! Not me! This road is too busy. I'll ask a farmer."

Later they pulled into the bar I was camped behind. Made it!

The second flat was a pinch flat. Because I'd been having several flats on the back in the same spot and unable to find the issue, I swapped out my foldable spare. I checked for punches, but must have missed it. The next morning I was able to find the culprit, a microscopic sliver of metal straight in...and I got it out! But the back tire is bald. I need to swap it with a front one. Ugh. That means changing 2 tires at once. Maybe in the morning.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment