Monday, March 25, 2013

I Never Know What a Day Will Bring

March 23, 2013
Waihau Bay, NZ

Wet, cold, sandy start to this day. And does sand ever stick when it's wet. No drying out before I start. Have to do it later. And later never came.

Five miles in I pass a woman at the end of her driveway fiddling with her bike



and say some nebulous comment, as I usually do. We get to chatting, as usually happens. And we've got a lot of similar views, which happens here a lot. Then hubby comes running down the road having just finished his bike and run training sessions. He's got a marathon goal in a couple of months. Done quite a few...triathlons too.

What started as a quick hello turned into cup of tea, hubby checking my dereilleur, tour of the bush, lessons on identifying saplings, pottery shed tour and lunch!!! Four hours later I'm finally on the road having spent the most delightful and informative time with Glynis and Norm. They live off the grid and have for over 25 years. Solar energy, wood-heated water and space, water from the mountain creek. Idyllic lifestyle. I was envious:)

Lunch was skillet bread for open face sandwiches of grated carrot, with cooked mushrooms and tofu. Yum!!


Then tonight when I'm putting up my soggy tent as the sun is setting over this delightful cove, Karen pulls up. We chat. Then her daughter, a friend, a float (trailer) with horse aboard arrive. I get talked into moving to the friend's yard and SHOWER! That's how showers find me. I've stopped "searching" and am "finding". And I managed to get a sliver of a signal, enough to let Wayne know I'm alive:). (Folks worry about me for a bit after meeting me. I think my family is so over it!)

When I can take iphone photos of some of the pics on my camera, I'll put them in here. I've had to slow down a bit on the picture taking of people because I meet so many in a day. I was tiring myself out.

Nighty night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment