Monday, March 25, 2013

Kindness of the Kiwis Never Ceases to Amaze Me

March 17 & 18, 2013
Tokomaru Bay NZ

Yesterday I'm pedaling along, having finally severed the umbilical cord to Gisborne, and there's a bit of rain. Barely a sprinkle. And this pickup pulls up in front of me and this woman, June, jumps out of the passenger side. "It's raining!"

Ya, I'll be alright.

What if a deluge comes?

I'll still be all right. But I do appreciate you stopping.

Kindness right from the heart. She'd have taken me home if I let her:). She had the most beautiful chin and lip tattoo that my new picture taking motto allowed me to capture.

And again today. Blaze's back tire continues to have inflation issues so I had her stripped down on the side of the road. Actually the problem I was having was with the release and reconnection of the rear break cable. Could not get that sucker out of and then back into the hole. This time Wayne turned around to stop and help me. We got the cable lengthened enough for the problem to go away. Then he gave me the lowdown on Tokomaru Bay and camping in the beach and then offered to give me a tour in the morning. How sweet.

While setting up, Lyn


comes by with Foxy the dog and I not only got a shower but evening company and a glass of wine. And tomorrow I get to go with hubby, Mel, kayaking into the ocean while he pulls in his net!

What's not to love about New Zealand? Chatting with Ian last night at the campground I was at and we concurred with the amazing and startling kindness of Kiwis. Ian is French and staying here for a year.



Time for sleep, after I take another peak at the most amazing night sky I've seen in quite awhile!

Actually last night's sunset was pretty spectacular.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment